Top Reasons You Should Learn How to Surf
September 29, 2021
If you’ve been thinking about learning how to surf, we’ve got a bunch of reasons for why that is a good idea. Sit on the fence about surfing no more! There’s never been a better time to take up surfing. Let’s take a look at some of the reasons why.
Why You Should Learn to Surf
- It’s a physically demanding sport that will take your fitness to new levels. Surfing is a full-body workout that will improve your lung capacity and increase your upper body strength.
- It will give you confidence. Anyone who has ever attempted to learn to surf will tell you that it is a tough sport to master. Learn how to surf and give yourself a boost of confidence.
- It provides a great physical release. In surf lingo, the ocean is often called the great equalizer. What this means is that it doesn’t matter who you are or how much you have; the ocean treats everyone the same. Once you are out on the water, you need to forget about everything but the surfboard and the waves. There is no greater release—or endorphin rush—than that!
- There is nothing like surf culture. Since the surfing movies of the 1960s, there has been an amazing culture that surrounds surfing.
- It is conducive to traveling. Not everyone lives with an ocean in their backyard, so surfing can be a great way to see the world. Whether you gas up the van and drive to Montauk for a few days, or if you hop a flight to get wet for a few weeks in Costa Rica, once you try surfing, you will want to go again—wherever that may take you.
- You can make new friends. There are few activities like surfing to bring people together. Being a surfer means being part of an exclusive community and sharing the experience with the like-minded.
- It is conducive to solitude. Sure, surfing is great for friendship, but it should be noted that it is not a team sport. You might spend a lot of time surfing with friends, but quite a bit of time is spent on that board or looking at the water, waiting for that next great wave. All this alone time can lead to personal growth.
- It is all about squeezing all the life out of, well, life. Everyone has a limited time on this earth, and sports like surfing are all about getting everything you can out of life while you are here. It forces you to live in the moment. It’s a great sport for creating amazing memories.
- It is just plain fun. Veteran surfers will tell you that there is nothing else that comes close to being as fun as it is to surf.
So what are you waiting for?
Contact Surf Synergy for Your Costa Rica Surfing Vacation
There’s never been a better time to plan your Costa Rica surfing vacation. Call the professionals at Surf Synergy to plan the vacation of your dreams. Contact us today.